What is a custom electric bike?
With all the electric bikes on the market, you have a lot of choices.
Well, 'choices' that are limited to white or black, this imported brand or that imported brand 'based in the USA' with 'designed in the USA' ebikes.
But that's about it. What about real choice? What if you want color, styling options, a different seat style, cool pedals and mirrors, or fundamentals like tire-liners and adjustable handlebar stems?
A custom electric bike is one where you select from many options of frame color, rack and fender colors, comfort and style options like seats, pedals, handlebars and mirrors.
Most ebikes are built in overseas factories. The importing brand can only stock so many bikes, so they limit your choices to one or two colors per style. You get stuck with black or white in most cases, and no other options other than adding ebike accessories, or battery pack upgrades at best.
How to Get A Custom Electric Bike
The majority of ebike companies import pre-made factory assembled e-bikes, so they can't offer very many options, if any, to your ebike.
Sure, you will pick from a few frame styles, but then you are stuck with the choices made by product managers, whose job is to sell as many bikes as possible. You get an average of all of their options in selecting your bike's design features. Who wants an average ebjke?
Customization is when you manually design your ebike to meet your needs, preferences and requirements.
Getting a new custom electric bike is really only possible when its an American made ebike. Fortunately, there are a few electric bike companies that built custom ebikes.
FattE Bikes is a custom fat tire electric bike company. We build your custom electric bike in Denver, CO, so you get the best fat tire electric bike for you.
Here's how to design your custom electric bike:
- First, View Our Ebike Collection to select your frame style:
- Sgt Mingo - hybrid mid-step mountain bike style all terrain ebike
- Londonderry - low step-through ebike frame
- Penalosa - low-step through 'utility' fat tire folding electric bike
- Major T - extended frame electric cargo bike
- Select "Customize Now" under the frame model you want
- Choose your frame color from 15 color options
- Choose your rack color from 15 color options
- Choose your fender colors from 15 color options
- Choose your fork style and front basket options
- Select your tire liners, handlebars (swept back?, yes!) and battery options
- Choose your grip color, seat style and pedal options
- Add your premium options, including mirrors, hydraulic brakes, dual headlights, dropper seat post, and GPS.
- Add to Cart or Save your Design.
Custom Ebikes American Made
Once you design your custom electric bike, we start by power-coating your frame, rack and fenders to the color choices you selected. Powder-coat paint is much more durable than the urethane finishes imported ebikes have, and won't peel.
When your frame, fenders and racks and done with painting, our Master Bike Mechanics hand-built your ebike, according to the customized options you selected. Once your bike is built, they test your bike and tune it.
The result? You get a fully assembled bike right 'out of the box' (if shipping), and it's already tuned by an expert bike mechanic.
How to Pay for Your Custom Ebike
You can pay for your custom ebike with cash or credit.
Custom ebike financing is available with Affirm, and 'layaway' payment options with Partial.ly
Ready to create your custom electric bike? Start Designing HERE.