Your warranty is contained below. Please be sure to read the warranty in its entirety and return the Warranty Registration Form located on the last page of this Owner’s Manual. Like any mechanical device, your FattE-bike and its components are subject to wear and stress. Different materials and mechanisms wear or fatigue from stress at different rates and have different life cycles. FattE-Bikes is not responsible for any parts or components that have exceeded their life cycle.
Scratches, cracks, fraying and discoloration are signs of stress caused fatigue and indicate that a part is at the end of its useful life and needs to be replaced. While the materials and workmanship of your FattE-bike or of individual components may be covered by a warranty for a specific period of time by the manufacturer, this is no guarantee that the product will last the term of the warranty. Product life is often related to the kind of riding you do and to the treatment to which you submit your FattE-bike and the standard of maintenance and care you have for your FattE-bike. This FattE-bike warranty is not meant to suggest that your FattE-bike cannot be broken or will last forever. It only means that the bicycle is covered subject to the terms of the warranty.
THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A DEFECTIVE ITEM AND IS THE SOLE REMEDY OF THE WARRANTY. NO PARTY IS GRANTED EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AUTHORITY TO CHANGE OR ANNUL THIS WARRANTY IN ANY MANNER.
- General Terms & Conditions:Warranty terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Who is Covered: This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the FattE-bike and is not transferable to subsequent owners or any other party. FattE-bikes sold under a bulk sales order may be excluded from this warranty. Please refer to the terms of your bulk sales order for complete information.
No Coverage for Certain Damage: This warranty is void if your FattE-bike by any of the following circumstances:
- The FattE-bike is subject to abuse, neglect, or DIY repairs, or improper repair, improper maintenance, improper care, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal use
- If you use any components not approved by the manufacturer
- The FattE-bike used as a rental bike, demo bike, or part of a security fleet
- If the FattE-bike is used for competitive racing or any kind of stunts like jumping stairs
- If the FattE-bike is rusted or the paint fades due to long exposure to inclement weather or direct sunlight
- Overloading FattE-bike beyond recommended capacity
- Excessive or, improper use, or damage caused by foreign objects
- If you never registered your FattE-bike
- Damages resulting from a collision with a vehicle or other inanimate object, person, animal, etc.
- Damages resulting from failure to follow instructions for the Use and Warnings as provided in the Operator's Manual
- Damages related to fire, floods, lightning strikes, zombie apocalypse, or other acts of God, at the sole discretion of FattE-Bikes
Remedy: During the duration of this warranty, FattE-Bikes, will either repair the FattE-bike frame, fork, component(s), battery, or motor, or at FattE-Bike’s sole discretion, will replace any defective FattE-bike or component(s) with the same or equivalent component(s), subject to the terms provided in this warranty.
Third-party Repairs: Costs for third-party repair or part replacements will not be covered unless authorized by FattE-Bikes prior to obtaining service.
Shipping & Handling: Shipping and handling fees will apply to all claims made under this warranty and will be charged to the claimant.
Disclaimer: This is the only FattE-Bikes warranty. Any other warranties including but not limited to, those implied by law such as warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed.
Limitation of Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, FattE-Bikes shall not be responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, damages for personal injury or death, property damage or economic losses whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability or any other theory.
In no event shall FattE-Bikes be liable for incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from use or unavailability of the FattE-bike frame, fork, component(s), battery, or motor in any manner, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory. FattE-Bike‘s liability hereunder is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of your FattE-bike frame, fork, component(s), battery, or motor.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. You may also have other rights which vary from state/ province to state/province.
This warranty covers three separate sections: your FattE-bike frame, fork and components, the battery, and the motor.
Paint Disclaimer – We pride ourselves in our quality painting, branding and color matching program. We do however understand there might be a discrepancy. We do not guarantee the color on the renderings and printouts, however, should you not be satisfied we do offer a $600 restocking fee.
- Frame, Fork and Components Warranty:Each FattE-bike comes with a two-year limited warranty to protect against defects in materials and workmanship from the date of purchase. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is limited to manufacturing defects only. Manufacturing defects are considered to be defects in materials or the workmanship with the delivered product(s) and are subject to the terms of this warranty. This warranty is expressly limited to the replacement or repair of defective parts at the sole discretion of FattE-Bikes.
What is covered: Covered electric bicycle components include: bell bottom bracket, brakes, cogset / cassette, controller, crank set, derailleur, LCD display, fork suspensions, fenders, frame, freewheel, handlebar, hardware, headset, horn, hub, kickstand, LCD, lights, pedals, post, reflectors, rims, saddle, seat, set, shifter, stem, throttle, wheel and wiring harness.
What is not covered: FattE-bikes are designed for general transportation and recreational use. They have not been designed to withstand “extreme” riding conditions. This limited warranty does not cover damage or failure resulting from: neglect, abuse, misuse, stunt riding / jumping or riding with more people than the bike was designed for. Commercial or retail activities using the FattE-bike are not covered. This warranty does not cover defects or damage stemming from: accidents, misuse, wear and tear, operator error, improper assembly, paint damage, rust, failure to follow manufacturers’ guidelines outlined in the owner’s manual, or stemming from failure to replace items that are expected to wear out (“Wear Items”), including but not limited to brakes, chains, and tires and/or similar improper maintenance practices. Damage caused by alterations, modifications, or installation of components or accessories, are not covered and will void this warranty. If FattE-Bikes discovers any water damage, your frame, fork and/or components will not be covered, and you may be charged for any repairs to a water damaged frame, fork or other components. Any attempt to defeat, over-ride, enhance or otherwise modify the motor, controller, battery, display, brakes or drive train are not covered and will void this warranty.
Wear Items: Wear on consumable components defined as: brake pads, tires, tubes, grips, saddle coverings, cables, chains, chain rings, and cogs are not covered under the terms of the warranty.
Claims Process: To report a potential warranty claim contact FattE-Bikes at either email@example.com or 720-440-2971. We will require pictures or video of the damaged component. In some situations we might require inspection of the damaged component before determining eligibility for coverage under the terms of this warranty. You are responsible for all costs relating to the disassembly and shipping of damaged parts back to FattE-Bikes. If FattE-Bikes determines that a component is covered under warranty we will either repair or replace the defective component. FattE-Bikes will also provide assistance in replacing the defective component. If FattE-Bikes determines parts are not covered under the warranty, you may be charged for replacement parts and/or labor fees to replace or repair your FattE-bike.
Shipping Damage: Extensive efforts are made to protect your FattE-bike during shipping. Upon receiving your FattE-bike first take note of any damage to the packing container. If there is damage notify your delivery driver, and make note of the damage before signing for the delivery. Take pictures of any damage to the packaging. Next inspect your product(s). Report any damage to us at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-440-2971. Keep all packaging material and paperwork until you are done inspecting the product(s). If damage is found the packing materials maybe required to send the product back to FattE- Bikes. Due to the time sensitivity around freight damage all claims, including those for missing components must be made to FattE-Bikes within 30 days. FattE-Bikes will replace any components that have been damaged during shipping.
- Battery Warranty:The lithium ion battery, rated for 600 discharge cycles, comes with a one year limited warranty. This warranty does not cover damage stemming from: normal wear, power surges, improper charging or maintenance, water damage, or other misuse. We warrant all of our batteries against manufacturing defects only. Batteries must be maintained according to your owner’s manual. Failure to follow charging instructions can cause the battery to lose its ability to recharge and will void this warranty. If this occurs, you will need a new battery. If you believe your battery is defective, please notify us through the warranty claims process set forth below to set up a battery warranty exchange. If you drop your FattE-bike or are involved in an accident and there is structural damage to the FattE-bike, for your safety the FattE-bike needs to be serviced and the battery must be replaced. Any attempt to defeat, over-ride, enhance or otherwise modify the charging system, controller, or battery are not covered and will void this warranty. If FattE-Bikes discovers any water damage, your battery will not be covered, and you will need to purchase a new one.
All battery warranty claims are subject to a return fee, and you are responsible for shipping fees to FattE-Bikes and for return shipping fees.
One Year Limited Battery Warranty: FattE-Bikes warrants to the original purchaser that the battery is free of defects in material and workmanship for 12 months. The defective product will be replaced or repaired subject to FattE-Bikes discretion. The warranty period for a battery is calculated from the original FattE-bike purchase date. The original receipt of purchase is required to establish proof of purchase and warranty date and must be provided to FattE-Bikes for all warranty claims. The original battery sale receipt must be maintained for any further claims. All replacement batteries will be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period.
Return Process and Fees: The cost to perform a battery warranty exchange within the first 12 months after receiving your FattE-bike is $99. This fee is collected prior to us processing the warranty exchange. Upon receipt of payment, we will send you a return label to send the battery back to us. You must pay for shipping the battery by ground carrier both to FattE-Bikes and return shipping to you. If we find a manufacturer defect, we will repair or replace the battery and refund your $99.
If we find there is. no manufacturer defect; for example, not charging your battery every 2-3 months during non-use, no refund will be offered and you will need to pay the full price for a replacement battery or pay for labor and parts for a repair. Remember to always charge your battery every 2-3 months when not in use. Please contact email@example.com to setup a Battery exchange.
Maintenance Tips: Please refer to your owner’s manual for complete instructions. Important steps to remember:
- Please keep battery pack in cool and dry condition, charge under 0-40 degrees C, discharge under -20-45 degrees C.
- Please use recommended charger, charging time shall not be longer than 12 hours, standard charging current 0.2C.
- Please charge battery at least 2 hours every three months when you need to store it for a long time.
- Please handle the battery pack gently to avoid inner components damage
- Do not put battery pack in water, acid alkali, salty liquid or expose to extended heavy rain.
- Do not put battery pack under high temperature, e.g. heating, close to fire or extended or severe sun exposure .
- Do not damage, disassemble or short circuit battery pack.
- Motor Warranty: Your FattE-bike motor comes with a two year limited warranty. This warranty does not cover damage stemming from: normal wear, power surges, improper usage or maintenance, water damage, or other misuse. We warrant all of our motors against manufacturing defects only. Your owner’s manual includes instructions for maintaining your FattE-Bike’s motor. Failure to follow maintenance and use instructions can cause damage to your FattE-Bike’s motor and will void this warranty. If this occurs, you may need a new motor. If you believe your motor is defective, please notify us through the warranty claims process set forth below to set up a motor warranty exchange.
All motor warranty claims are subject to a return fee, and you are responsible for shipping fees to FattE-Bikes and for return shipping fees.
Two Year Limited Motor Warranty: FattE-Bikes warrants to the original purchaser that the motor is free of defects in material and workmanship for 24 months. The defective product will be replaced or repaired subject to FattE-Bikes discretion. The warranty period for a motor is calculated from the original FattE-Bike purchase date. The original receipt of purchase is required to establish proof of purchase and warranty date and must be provided to FattE-Bikes for all warranty claims. The original FattE-Bike sale receipt must be maintained for any further claims. All replacement motors will be warranted for the balance of the original warranty period. If you drop your FattE-bike or are involved in an accident and there is structural damage to your FattE-bike, for your safety the FattE-bike needs to be serviced and the motor must be checked. Any attempt to defeat, over-ride, enhance or otherwise modify the motor in any way are not covered and will void this warranty. If FattE-Bikes discovers any water damage, your motor will not be covered, and you will need to purchase a new one.
Return Process and Fees: The cost to perform a motor warranty exchange within the first 24 months after receiving your FattE-bike is $99. This fee is collected prior to us processing the warranty exchange. Upon receipt of payment, we will send you a return label to send the motor and the entire rear wheel back to us. You must pay for shipping the motor and the rear wheel both to FattE-Bikes and return shipping to you. If we find a manufacturer defect, we will repair or replace the motor and rear wheel, and refund your $99.
If we find there is no manufacturer defect, no refund will be offered and you will need to pay the full price for a replacement motor and/or rear wheel or pay for labor and parts for a repair. Remember to always follow the instructions provided in your user’s manual to maintain your FattE-bike’s motor and other parts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup a motor and rear wheel exchange.